<"www.capecodporcupine.blogspot.com" >

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday Summer Sing Along - 2007 - Number One!

For the first new song of our Sunday Summer Series, Porcupine was inspiried by the immortal Blossom Dearie, and her rendition of Cole Porter's ' Always True To You, Darlin', In My Fashion', to reinterpret the song for Gov. Deval Patrick, who is 'Always A Progressive In His Fashion'.



When some bloggers I have met,
Campaign on the Internet,
When the Net begins to get, I cry "Hooray!"
Since I'm always a Progressive in my fashion,
Yes, I'm always a Progressive, in my way.

That Crown Vic was such a HACK!
Even heating it did lack!
If a Governor gets a Cadillac, okay!
But I'm always a Progressive in my fashion,
Yes, I'm always a Progressive in my way.

I've been asked to have a meal
By a biotech big wheel,
If the meal includes a deal, accept I may.
But I'm always a Progressive, in my fashion,
Yes, I'm always a Progressive, in my way.

The proponents of Same Sex
They are keen to give me checks,
And their checks, I fear, mean same sex is here to stay!
See? I’m always a Progressive in my fashion,
Yes, I'm always a Progressive in my way.

Illanois' Barack – forlorn -
Calls me up from night 'til morn,
But with Hillary, I’m torn – what can I say?
But I'm always a Progressive, in my fashion,
Yes, I'm always a Progressive, in my way.

With my tax plan on the fritz,
With DiMasi throwing fits,
I begin a media blitz to have my say -
For I’m truly a Progressive in my fashion,
Yes, I act so darn Progressive, in my way.

If Mister Arnall, plutocrat, from a Board where I have sat,
Needs some phone calls to a bureaucrat, Okay!
But I’m always a Progressive in my fashion,
Yes, I’m always a Progressive in my way –
I’m always a Progressive in that Ole Bill Clinton Way!

Next Week - Down in the Depths!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I am trying to get a conservative digg alternative going called GOP Hub (GOPHub.com). Anything you can do to help with this effort would be awesome. Plus feel free to submit any articles you write here on your blog :). Take care and have a great weekend!

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 82% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out! 

Please take my Blog Reader Project survey.
********

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
« # ! LifePost + ? » -->